Delta Pickleball Spring/Summer 2018 Newsletter 1. Fall/Winter 2017-2018: The fall and winter months at all our pickleball facilities (Ladner, Tsawwassen, N Delta) saw a dramatic increase in pickleball participation, often to capacity. We need more pickleball times and are working on it with Delta Parks. 2. Membership 2018: Your board met last week and unanimously recommended Delta Pickleball Association become affiliated with PickleballBC and PCO (Pickleball Canada) for a variety of reasons. Our club will be covered under the PCO insurance policy which was a major factor. For further reasons, we refer you to the PickleballBC website which lists the benefits. Joining PickleballBC and PCO will require that we increase our annual membership fee to $20. We did not make this decision lightly and feel it is in our club's best interests. We will no longer be collecting money for outdoor pickleballs but will pay for them out of club fees. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any of our board members for clarification. We will be happy to hear from you.
3. Tournament News: We have 2 tournaments upcoming...June 2 (June 3 if rained out) is our 2nd annual Outdoor Tournament at Memorial Park in Ladner. Fun and prizes galore! More details to follow. June 8 is our Delta Parks Seniors Tournament celebrating Seniors Week in BC. Must be 55+ to play...registration details on our website.
4. Club Tshirts: A club Tshirt (wickaway fabric) with our club logo is now available for only $15! Details are on the website.
5. Storage Agreement: We are close to finalizing an agreement with Delta Parks to have access to the storage building at Memorial Park. The cost will be reasonable as we don't need much space.
6. Annual General Meeting: The board has proposed we hold our AGM at 9:30 A.M. on June 2, 2018, the morning of our tournament. This will give us the required quorum for members. An agenda will be emailed out in advance of the AGM.
7. Outdoor Playing Times: The playing times at Memorial Park are largely the same as last year. Check the website periodically for updates.
8. Lessons/ Skills Clinics: We will once again be offering free lessons and in the future, skills clinics but ONLY TO DPA MEMBERS. You must be a member to take advantage of this free service.
We apologize for such a long newsletter but there was much information to dispense. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please get in touch with me or a board member. To renew your membership for the year, please follow the special link below. There is also a membership form link on the website - please encourage others to join and participate in the greatest game with the lamest name! See you on the courts.